The current church building occupies a prominent site about a mile from the lake at the foot of Priest’s Crag with magnificent views across to Arthur’s Pike and Loadpott Hill. The parish church of All Saints is the fourth church building to serve the area. The original, dating to the early 13th century, was probably on the site of a private house known as ‘Oldchurch’ on the shores of Ullswater, near to Leeming House hotel. The present nave stands on the foundations of the older church, but the chancel is an addition. In 1884 the church tower was rebuilt to give it its current height. The chancel was built in memory of the Reverend David Pritchard, who was rector from 1876 to 1880. The communion table was made in 1970. The reredos was installed in 1934, in memory of Mr T.E. Forster. The choir stalls, pulpit, pews and west end screen, all date from 1881. The organ was made by Wilkinson of Kendal in 1888.