St Michael's, Brampton Abbotts
Church of St. Michael stands in the middle of the parish. The walls are of local sandstone rubble with dressings of the same material; the roofs are covered with stone slates and tiles. The Chancel and Nave are 12th century, but the building was much altered in the 14th century, when the south porch was added. The chancel arch was rebuilt and widened, probably in the 16th century, and the west wall repaired in 1686. In the 19th century the church was restored by the eminent Victorian architect George Frederick Bodley, who was closely connected with Herefordshire through his wife and worked on several local churches. Bodley's first church is at nearby Llangrove whilst his last was the National Cathedral, Washington DC. The north chapel was also added at this time. The present interior is largely due to the restoration of 1907-8 by noted Arts & Crafts architect, William Douglas Caroe.