St Mary the Virgin, Yazor

The church was built between 1843 and 1855. It was paid for by Sir Uvedale Price and his son Sir Robert Price. The church cost £3,883. Its main architect was George Moore, and the rector Rev R. L. Freer designed the spire and fittings inside the church.  St Mary's is constructed in sandstone with Welsh slate roofs. Its plan is cruciform, with an apsidal chancel at the west end, and a tower at the east end containing a porch. The nave is in three bays, with single-bay north and south transepts. The stained glass in the five windows of the apse is by William Warrington and dates from about 1845. The central window contains depictions of the Ascension, the Crucifixion, and the Resurrection. In the south window is the Annunciation and the Nativity, and the north window contains the Magi, and the scene of a miracle. The church was built to replace an older church sited "a field away",whose churchyard contains the war grave of a World War II Royal Artillery soldier.   It is now a redundant Anglican church in the village of Yazor. It is recorded in the National Heritage List for England as a designated Grade II listed building, and is under the care of the Churches Conservation Trust.   The tower is in two stages, with gabled buttresses. Its lower stage is "extremely tall". The upper stage contains two-lancet bell openings. Above these is a cornice supported on a corbel table, and an octagonal broach spire. On the spire are two tiers of lucarnes and a finial with a wrought iron cross.   The two-manual organ was made in 1845 by Gray and Davison, but when it was surveyed in 2000 it was unplayable.