St Lawrernce, Eyam
Christian worship has taken place here over a thousand years. While the first recorded rector of the parish began his ministry in 1250, the buildings themselves date from Saxon times. It was partially rebuilt in 1619. The modern stained glass 'Plague Window', with colourful panels telling the story of Rev. Mompesson and the plague in Eyam. The story starts in the lower left panel with the delivery of the fatal package of cloth from London. Above this is a 'ring of roses', a reminder that the nursery rhyme had a deadly origin. The church was restored in 1868–70 by George Edmund Street.