San Miguel, Jerez
The Church of Saint Michael started its life in the end of the 15th century. A plaque at the door of its Gothic facade is dated 1484. It is believed that the church was commissioned by the Catholic Monarchs when they visited the city in 1484. Previously, the area was served by an old hermitage. Its construction, however, would last several centuries resulting in an excellent cathedral-like set where latest gothic elements and other ones typical from beginning and full renaissance and baroque. The church has a rectangular floor divided into three naves. The central nave has a higher ceiling and between each nave are pilasters crafted in a flowery gothic style. It is considered one of the best temples in the city of Jerez.