Lumley Chapel, Cheam Village

In the early 18th century the church consisted of a chancel with a south chapel, a nave with a south aisle, and a west tower. Later in the century, possibly in 1746, the south aisle and the south wall of the nave were demolished and replaced by a wider nave. At the same time a north aisle and a south porch were added. In 1864 a new church, also dedicated to St Dunstan, was built to the north. The older church was demolished, other than the east end of the chancel which was retained to contain the monuments and brasses from the old church. This remnant of the former church was declared redundant on 16 June 2002, and was vested in the Churches Conservation Trust on 1 August 2002. Post code: SM3 8QH