Basilica Notre Dame, Clermont Ferrand

According to tradition, the church was founded by the bishop of Clermont, Saint Avitus, in the 6th century and was rebuilt in the 11th or 12th centuries after being burned down by the Normans. The establishment here of a community of canons took place no earlier than the middle of the 10th century, under bishop √Čtienne II of Clermont. The church was formally declared a basilica minor on 3 May 1886. Rue Notre Dame du Port, Address: 63000 Clermont-Ferrand, France¬†

http://www.sacred-destinations.com/france/clermont-notre-dame-du-port